OUR VISION FOR THE HENNEPIN CANAL STATE PARK
Join us and help make these dreams for the park a reality!
Dream it . . . . Build It! We asked our “Friends of Hennepin Canal” Community what visions they have for the Hennepin Canal. Here are some of the responses we received in July / August 2021:
- Drinking water, trash barrels and restrooms available at regular intervals.
- Popular fishing spots need litter picked up regularly.
- Improving waterflow, dredging and bank improvement.
- Trailhead signs, and park pavilions fixed.
- New plantings of trees and native wildflowers on along the trail
- I’ve grown up fishing the canal I’ve noticed fish getting more scarce over the years I wish it could be stocked and also have a law with keep big flathead catfish they take years to get big and I haven’t heard or seen someone catching a 40 lb + in years also walleye are scarce.
- Repair canal banks & wooden locks to mitigate deteriorating infrastructure conditions.
- Regular mowing of trails.
- Events / activities